Sunday, August 24, 2008

Come With Me to the Convention!


Convention week is about to take off! It all begins with a reception at the Governor's mansion for the Colorado Delegation today at 11:30 a.m. Following that, my wife Roxy and I will be attending a 2 pm DNC interfaith gathering at the Colorado Convention Center's (CCC) Wells Fargo Theater (which is open to the public). Then it's on to another social event followed by a concert at Red Rocks including Earth Wind and Fire, Sheryl Crow, and Dave Matthews. Then, tomorrow, the real "work" begins :-) I really wish I could take you all with me. I asked for a couple hundred extra tickets, but they just smiled and shook their head :-) However, I hope you will join me "virtually".

I am so grateful to all of you from around the state that voted for me and allowed me to represent you at the convention this week! This is grassroots democracy in action, and I can' thank you enough for allowing me to serve you in this way! The best way I can thank you is to live up to my campaign promises. One of the things I promised during the campaign was to blog throughout the convention. Through this blog, you can ask me questions, give me your input, or just follow me during the week. Now I want to offer yet another way for you to join me at the convention

It's going to be an exciting week! If you want to track my every move during the DNC in "real time", you can do that on "Twitter". If that's a new term to you, it was to me too. This is how they describe it: Twitter is a unique approach to communication and networking based on the simple concept of "what's your current status". What are you doing? What are your friends doing—right now? With Twitter, you may answer this question over SMS, IM, or the Web and the responses are shared between contacts. To find out more about Twitter, visit the link below: http://twitter.com/i/deafe017142140db7044566433da2c1d176ca9b9

No comments: