Saturday, September 27, 2008

Obama--Being the Change We Want to See


I apologize for being incommunicado lately. I have been out of town a lot the last couple weeks, and am putting all of my energies through Nov. 4th into serving as an Obama Neighborhood Team Leader and doing everything I can do to elect Barack Obama and change the direction of our country.

I am so proud of how he handled the debate last night. He is truly committed to being the change he and many of us want to see in the world, and changing the nature of politics. He refused to lower himself to the level of McCain's negative and inaccurate attacks, and remained ever the gentleman and the statesman. It seems the worst they can say about him is that he gave credit to McCain where credit was due, clearly demonstrating how he will always seek to find common ground across the aisle. All this even though McCain refused to even look at him, talk to him, or recognize his presence even while the moderator continued to encourage McCain to do so.

I will continue to blog as I am able. As Barack also often says, he wants us to believe not so much in his ability to create the change we seek, but in our own abilities to create the change we want to see in the world. So when I am not here, that's where I'll be--creating change. I hope you are making a similar commitment. Remember, we get exactly the government and the world we deserve.

2 comments:

SharB said...

Hey Jeff!

My Dad and I were talking about the debate and we both were puzzled by what McCain had to say in regards to Koreans. Neither of us could come up with a "reasonable explanation" for what appeared to be a random thought by Mr. McCain that went from brain to lips without hesitation or consideration(doah!). Maybe you can shed some light on it for us.

From Debate Transcripts:
McCain:
"As far as North Korea is concerned, our secretary of state, Madeleine Albright, went to North Korea. By the way, North Korea, most repressive and brutal regime probably on Earth. The average South Korean is three inches taller than the average North Korean, a huge gulag."

Maybe Dad and I have missed something... somewhere... all we truly get out of this is "huh?"

Thanks for sharing your DNC experience here! I hope all is well... tell Roxy hello!

Kind regards,
Sharleen Begnaud

SharB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.